TERMS & CONDITIONS
Stuff Limited (“Stuff”) organises The Editors’ Escape (the “Editors’ Escape”). In these terms and conditions “Terms” the Editors’ Escape participant is referred to as “Participant” and “you” and Stuff is referred to as “Stuff”, “we”, “us” and “our”.
If you’re travelling from outside the start and end location, you are responsible for your own travel arrangements and flights to meet the group, plus any associated accommodation and meal costs.
Each Participant who registers for the Editors’ Escape agrees to be bound by these terms and acknowledges that these terms may be subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Stuff without notice to the Participant.
EDITORS’ ESCAPE DETAILS:
If you wish to attend the Editors’ Escape you will need to visit editorsescape.co.nz and complete the purchase of your tickets. Tickets for the Editors’ Escape (“Tickets”) are subject to availability and are available on a first in first served basis.
A single Ticket for twin-share is $1,149 including GST per person (twin share) (“Ticket Fee”).
A single Ticket for solo travellers is available at $1,399 including GST per person.
Payment by credit card is subject to a 2% surcharge and 1.5% service and delivery fee.
The tour starts in Wellington and finishes in Wellington.
The tour does not include transfers, accommodation and meals prior to the tour commencement or at the conclusion of the tour.
You are responsible for all additional costs associated with your participation in the Editors' Escape including, meals where these are not provided for in the itinerary. The itinerary may be subject to change, at the discretion of Stuff.
Stuff may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel the Editors' Escape at any time for any reason including force majeure. Where the Editors' Escape is cancelled for whatever reason Stuff will best endeavour to reschedule the Editors' Escape. If Stuff cannot reschedule the Editors' Escape, or you are unable to participate in the rescheduled Editors' Escape you may be entitled to a refund of the Ticket Fee.
If you can no longer attend the Editors' Escape you must notify Stuff in writing as soon as possible so that your space may be reallocated. All cancellations by you are subject to the cancellation policy below.
The following policy applies to refunds for cancellation by any Participant of the Editors' Escape:
a. All cancellations must be in writing and be received before the commencement of the tour.
b. Cancellations up to six (6) weeks prior to departure: Full refund
c. Cancellations less than six (6) weeks and up to 14 days prior to departure: Refund less $600.
d. Cancellations 14 days or less prior to departure and on-tour curtailment: No refund.
e. Editors' Escape participants will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee.
CONSENT TO MEDIA COVERAGE OF THE EDITORS’ ESCAPE:
You consent to Stuff carrying out filming, sound recording and/or photography of the Editors' Escape as a participant and you consent to the use by Stuff of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes without payment or compensation.
REGISTRATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You declare that all the information supplied in registering for the Editors' Escapes is true and correct, and that you will update Stuff with any changes in the time between purchasing Tickets and the Editors' Escape commencing.
Use of the registration platform and the Stuff.co.nz website is subject at all times to Stuff’s standard terms and conditions of use which can be viewed here http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/10647764/Website-terms-and-conditions.
You understand that you can gain access to your personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Privacy Officer c|- Legal, Stuff Limited, PO Box 2595 Wellington.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs.
AGREEMENT AND INDEMNITY:
At times entering and exiting the train and coach can be demanding for those with limited mobility. To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you, a good standard of fitness is required with the ability to climb and descend 15 steps, walk unassisted comfortably for 400 metres and be able to look after yourself unassisted for an extended period if required. If there are any issues around this or you have concerns, please discuss your situation with us.
The Editors' Escape is not suitable for those with wheelchairs or mobility frames.
I declare, as a condition of registering for the Editors' Escape, that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of my participation in the Editors' Escape.
I confirm that I am in a state of well-being in which I realize my own abilities, can cope with the extra stresses of extended travel, and can function adequately without causing undue encumbrance to the tour group.
The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with my participation in the Editors' Escape, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of registration in the Editors' Escape and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Editors' Escape and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the Editors' Escape organisers and other persons, corporations and bodies involved, engaged in promoting or staging the Editors' Escape.
Stuff will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of savings) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your registration and or participation in the Editors' Escapes or any failure or omission on the part of Stuff to comply with its obligations under these Terms.
All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these Terms are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so. You agree that to the extent that you are acquiring goods or services under these Terms for the purposes of a business, the guarantees provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply to Stuff’s supply of such goods and services.
You will indemnify Stuff against any costs, losses and damages and will, at your cost, defend or settle any claim suit, action or proceeding brought against Stuff arising from: (a) any breach of these Terms by you; and (b) your participation in the Editors' Escapes.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD-PARTY REPRESENTATIONS:
Whilst all material and content provided with regard to the Editors' Escapes is derived from sources believed to be accurate and current we give no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
EDITORS’ ESCAPE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
I acknowledge that Stuff or its representatives may remove me from the Editors' Escape and/or exclude me from participating (a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), or (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Stuff, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a Ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the Ticket may be refused admission.
CONSENT TO MEDICAL ASSISTANCE:
I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered direction of the Editors' Escape staff in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me during my participation in the Editors' Escapes.
I consent to the release of my personal information to medical assistance personal and the Editors' Escape staff in the event of a medical emergency during my participation in the Editors' Escape.
EDITORS’ ESCAPE ENTRY AND REFUNDS:
I agree that registration for the Editors' Escape is personal and specific to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in my place. Ticket fees are not transferable to other participants without prior approval from Stuff.
I agree that ticket fees are not transferable to future Editors' Escapes.
I understand that should my personal or contact details change after my registration is completed it is my responsibility to notify the Editors' Escape organisers.
If a person-to-person transfer option is made available, which will only occur at Stuff’s discretion, I consent to paying any applicable administration fee at the time of transfer.
Refunds may, at Stuff’s discretion, be made available outside of the cancellation policy in clause 5 where participation in the Editors' Escape is not appropriate due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. Refunds will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as merchandise or charitable donations. Editors' Escape participants will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee.
Should the Editors' Escape have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond our control after the Editors' Escape has commenced, there will be no refund of fees.
I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these Terms for and on behalf of the participant. I also agree that, if signing this on behalf or a participant under the age of 13 years, that that participant will be accompanied by an adult at all times during the Editors' Escape.
SURVEY COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The competition to “Win a 1-year subscription for either NZ House & Garden or NZ Gardener") is run by Stuff Limited ("Stuff"). Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these terms and conditions. By entering the Competition each entrant deems to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees of Stuff are not eligible to enter these promotions.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Complete the post-event online survey after attending The Editors’ Escape and go in the draw to win. One entry per person only.
3. INVALID/ VOID ENTRIES: Failure to supply all requested information at the time of submitting an entry will result on the entry being invalid. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail, incomplete entries or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. DATES: The Competition runs from 15th April 2019 through to 25th April 2019. All entries must be received before the Competition closes. The winner will be notified via phone and email by 26th .
5. PRIZES: Prize is for a 1 year subscription to either NZ House & Garden magazine or a 1 year subscription to NZ Gardener magazine. The winner has the right to select which magazine they would like to subscribe to.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: If the prize winner cannot be contacted within 5 days, at Stuff's option that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be re-allocated.
7. INFORMATION: By entering the Competition winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Stuff and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
8. NOT REDEEMABLE: The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize must be utilised in one transaction and no cash refund or reimbursement allowed if the cruise is not utilised.
9. NO LIABILITY: Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded,Stuff and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
10. NO CORRESPONDENCE: The decision of by Stuff in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. DATABASE: By agreeing “yes” on the entry form to receiving promotional information, entrants to the Competition permit Stuff Limited to enter their personal information into a database for the purpose of contacting them directly about any Stuff publications or promotional partner’s special offers, samples and other promotions
12. PRIVACY ACT: Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Privacy Officer c|- Legal, Stuff Limited, PO Box 2595 Wellington.
13. SOCIAL TERMS:
1. If the Promotion is on Facebook, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Any information provided by you in the course of this Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook. All entrants release and indemnify Facebook and the Promoter from any and all direct or indirect loss or injury suffered by Facebook or the Promoter and arising in connection with the Promotion or the Prize.
2. If the Promotion is on Instagram, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. Any information provided by you in the course of this Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram. All entrants release and indemnify Instagram and the Promoter from any and all direct or indirect loss or injury suffered by Instagram or the Promoter and arising in connection with the Promotion or the Prize.